Organization: Caritas Albania
Project title: ACTIVE – Accessible Communication Toward Inclusion of Vulnerable and Excluded persons on Western Balkans
Job title: Expert for accessible communication
Background: The Project aims at developing concept of Inclusive and accessible communication of disadvantaged people in 5 Western Balkans countries (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina – BiH, Montenegro, Kosovo* and Serbia). Project partners belong to Caritas network and have worked together on different projects, sharing common values, joint mission and strategies; Caritas network is one of the most active in the field of social inclusion of disadvantaged groups, experienced in implementing actions for PWDs by promoting social economy and empowerment of CSOs.
Overall objective of the project: To contribute to empowerment and inclusion of disadvantaged people in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro and Serbia
Specific objective of the project: Disadvantaged people are enabled in self-determined decision making and self-advocacy
Duration of the project: Expected duration of 24 months, 50% working hours
Tasks and Responsibilities: On the basis of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UN CRPD), the focus of the work is on providing information in an understandable and accessible way for all. The Expert on accessible communication works with other colleagues to involve and engage vulnerable people and their environment and stakeholders in the process of making information accessible.
Key roles for the Expert for Accessible Communication
- In cooperation and consultation with the target groups, disabled people organizations and grass-root groups, stakeholders and other colleagues the Expert translates and edits information material in accessible versions (Translator and editor of accessible information).
- In cooperation with colleagues the Expert elaborates guidelines for accessible communication.
- Organizes and conducts trainings and workshops in accessible communication for the target groups.
- Supports and gives advice to people and organizations who want to provide contents in an accessible way
- Trains and supports the proof readers and text editors from vulnerable groups, organizes and accompanies the proof-reading process.
- The Expert for accessible communication will contribute to the implementation of the project and organize activities falling under his/her working areas. In cooperation with other colleagues and with project partners, the Expert will ensure that actions and events are effectively managed and implemented, and that all reporting requirements are fulfilled.
- Team player
The Expert takes responsibility for his/her own work and is expected to work effectively and collaboratively with all colleagues to build good relationships that enable the achievement of performance objectives. Works in a way that supports the values of inclusion of all people, valuing difference and promoting diversity. Actively seeks to include people with an intellectual disability and families, people with dementia and their caregivers and all other vulnerable groups in the work in a meaningful and appropriate way. Takes responsibility for his/her own performance and development, identifying opportunities to develop knowledge, skills and performance.
- University degree in pedagogics, social studies, disability studies, philology or communication (or proved experience in similar field)
- A minimum of five (5) years’ professional experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in organization of events and trainings
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work proactively and autonomously
- Computer literacy with practical experience using Microsoft applications and/or Open Office
Important: The qualification in accessible communication will be provided in the framework of the project.
Remuneration Package: Remuneration will be based on budget approved by donor
The deadline for submissions of applications, is: 16.05.2022, 16:00.
Caritas retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Caritas is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that Caritas officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of Caritas. Caritas is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate.
Please be aware that Caritas does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.