Terms of Reference
JOB TITLE Nurses
Working Places: Shkodër, Lezhë and Durrës
Programme / project: CONEX Balkan: Covid-19 Nexus response for improving the socio-economic situation of marginalized people in 6 Western Balkan countries.
Reporting to: National Programme Coordinator (NPC) of Caritas Albania
Starting: May 2021
The project’s overall objective is to alleviate the humanitarian and socio-economic consequences of the COVID-19 crisis in 6 West-Balkan countries. The crisis has disproportionately affected those groups that already faced social and economic exclusion and vulnerabilities before the crisis, namely older people, unemployed women and people with disabilities. The project aims to contribute to improving not only their immediate socio-economic situation but also their resilience to current and future crises. The consortium will operate in six Western Balkan countries under the lead of Caritas Austria: Caritas in Albania and Kosovo, Mother Teresa Society in Kosovo, Red Cross in Montenegro and North Macedonia, CARE and three local partners in Southern Serbia and BiH and Diakonie with local partner Philanthropy in Central and Western Serbia.
The project will provide cash, in kind and community assistance to marginalized people, improve access to health, psychosocial and social services as well as offer training and employment opportunities. It will also raise the awareness of relevant stakeholders on issues of discrimination and impact of the crisis on marginalised groups as well as advocate for measures to reduce these. As a result, the target groups will have improved their psychosocial wellbeing, be better equipped to cope with their economic situation and know where to look for social support both in their neighborhood and with public services. The following activities are planned.
Role / Job Summary:
Nurse will be the person in charge to visit the families targeted as direct beneficiaries in the project and taking care of simple nursing intervention as: blood pressure, glycemia, medications, accompaniment to the family doctor ect..
The nurses will be in close collaboration with the Local Coordinators to organize working plan. They will organize info sessions with the beneficiaries regarding different topic related to health promotion. Promotion materials will be produced and distributed in community. The nurses are Caritas Albania employees.
- Qualitative implementation of programme all activities
- Close cooperation with Local Coordinators and national programme coordinator.
- Building links between beneficiaries and family doctors and public health centers
- Ensures data collection for reporting and documentation.
Main duties / tasks:
Ad: 1. Programme implementation
- Carry out family visits on the target group chosen to better know their socio and economic situation and to inform them about programme activities.
- Organizes and provides info sessions with the respective communities regarding different topics on health promotion.
- Close individual accompaniment of beneficiaries.
- Assists the Local Coordinator and national programme coordinator in reporting and documentation and in impact evaluation.
- Ensures that all the beneficiaries have a specific folder with all intervention.
- Ensure quality standards are met (related to e.g. gender, inclusion).
- Participation in Kick-off meeting and mid-term regional meeting, and in meetings with the national programme coordinator (NPC) and the LCs from other project areas.
- Active participation in trainings offered through the programme.
Ad: 2. Coordination and Reporting
- Constant exchange with the LC and the national programme coordinators and regular standardized reporting on developments in the implementation.
- Collecting data on target group and support measures for progress reporting.
- Regular reporting to National Program Coordinator (NPC) on deviations relevant changes and/or problems in programme implementation or the environment, e.g. policy change. The NPC is obliged to inform the programme coordinator at Caritas Austria immediately if any of this occurs.
- Regular meetings with LC and NPC to work on improved methodologies, accountability, report on outcomes and challenges etc.
- Prepares information on target group from the field to make sure it can be fed into quality assurance systems, such as M&E.
- Attends at national and regional workshops to exchange with other LCs and nurses and programme coordinators and gives input for quality improvement and programme revisions.
What we expect from applicants:
Qualifications and experience
- Min 3 years of experience in the work in nursing care.
- Experience in nursing with vulnerable people.
- University degree in nursing.
- Registered in the Albanian Order of Nurses.
- Other qualifications post university can be considered an added value.
- Fluent in English (speaking, writing, understanding) as no translation and interpretation can be provided in the programme.
- Driving license (category B).
- Independent working, strong personalities with a strong inclination to working with people.
- Understanding of labor market inclusion and ability to build up a local network of stakeholders.
- Willingness to learn and improve.
- Communication skills and ability to build bridges between beneficiaries and public health institutions in respective project implementation areas.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Programme Management experience and ability to understand requirements of financial reporting.
- Good knowledge of standard IT software (MS Word, Excel, E-Mail, Internet) and openness to learn how to work with a database.
- Willingness to travel and participate in workshops.
- Demonstrates energy, creativity and ability to stimulate and integrate beneficiaries into the programme.
What we offer:
- Salary including all allowances (40% engaged) depending on educational background and experience.
- Working in an NGO environment and diversified tasks.
- Trainings/extra qualifications on nursing care, working with vulnerable groups and standards (social inclusion, gender sensitivity).
- Regional exchange between LCs from: Caritas in Albania and Kosovo, Mother Teresa Society in Kosovo, Red Cross in Montenegro and North Macedonia, CARE and three local partners in Southern Serbia and BiH and Diakonie with local partner Philanthropy in Central and Western Serbia.
Applicants must send the CV and Motivation Letter electronically in these email addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submissions of applications, is: 14.05.2021, 16:00.
Note: Only the selected candidates will be contacted!